SYSTEL INC | Atlanta, GA
Phone: 678 250 9874
T: 888 8SYSTEL Ext:263
If you are available & interested in below opportunity contact Srikanth with word version of your resume, best time & number to contact you. Please feel free to contact him to discuss more about this opportunity.
To know more about us, please visit www.systelinc.com
Vulnerability Management Consultant
Location: Foster City, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
Vulnerability Management role –
The Security Engineer is a key member of the Information Security and Privacy team and works closely with Infrastructure and Application services teams to ensure that software vulnerabilities are patched according to Gilead standards so that related risk can be managed appropriately. The candidate will assist with defining and enhancing patching processes and the supporting technologies such as patch management and vulnerability scanning and testing. The role will also help to collaboratively design and implement the business processes to allow system managers and system administrators to drive towards compliance with internal vulnerability remediation standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Responsible for implementing and tuning the technical solution used to identify and manage the versions of Java used in the environment.
* Customize as needed the vulnerability reports that will be used by system managers, system administrators and management.
* Liaise with system, database and application administrators to assist with implementation and rollout of a vulnerability management process.
* Research emerging technologies in support of IT security enhancement and development efforts.
* Assist in formalizing and updating security policies, procedures and technical standards; auditing/monitoring compliance with those standards; developing technical checks to verify compliance with technical controls.
* Creating and tuning vulnerability scan groups and configurations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible IT experience with at least 3 years of security/infrastructure protection experience.
* Experience performing project focused information security work with cross-functional teams in an enterprise setting.
* Must have a good understanding of the following security domains: Audit and Monitoring, Risk Response & Recovery, Cryptography, Data Communications, Computer Operations Security, Telecommunications & Network Security, Security Architecture & Models.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
* Proven ability at building working relationships with partners, peers, and senior Management.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to multitask and manage multiple topics and demands concurrently.
* Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change and release management.
* Familiar with patch management solutions like Satellite, SCCM, WSUS, Shavlik, Secunia, LANDesk.
* Familiar with vulnerability scanning solutions like Qualys, Foundstone, Nexpose
* Prior working experience in a pharmaceutical company is preferred.
* Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details.
* Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive – requires little supervisory attention.
* Excellent presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills.
* Able to perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to document technical solutions with excellent grammar.